Wednesday, January 6, 2010

End of Year Numbers

I can't believe we are already in 2010. It is amazing how quickly time goes by. I spent a good part of the day yesterday figuring out our statistics in regards to the number of kitties in and out for 2009 as it is required for any PACFA registered shelter to report this information every year. Here are our numbers for 2009:

Intakes:
Strays & Owner Surrenders - 876
Transfers from other shelters - 41

Outcomes:
Adoptions - 854
Died/Euthanized - 29
Returned to Owner - 2

These numbers compared to last year tell me that we were able to take in an additional 219 kitties in 2009 versus 2008. This also tells me that we not only met, but surpassed our goal of increasing our intakes by 20% in 2009. Hooray!!! This is amazing considering the poor economy. I am so proud of our staff, volunteers, and supporters for making our goal achievable!