Friday, April 30, 2010

Cat People - April Edition






Leslie Quitmeyer with Sam


How long have you been volunteering for FCCR?

Right at 3 years.


What type of volunteer work do you do?

I’m on the board of directors, coordinate and participate in events and outreach, do foster care, and help with fundraising. But equally if not more important, me and a coworker set low-income people up to get their pet fixed for very cheap (thanks to PUP). Sometimes we even transport the pet and we’ve done about 110 pets so far. We can set that up for anybody.


What do you enjoy doing when you're not volunteering for FCCR?

I love dancing, cleaning actually, some sports, and Survivor. (If you watch Survivor, email me, we can talk about it).


How many cats (or other companion animals) do you have?

I have 2 8-year old kitties who have both had broken tails. Sam is featured in the picture and she fetches. Tucker is the other, and I have 2 new sweet, step-miniature pinchers.


If you could make one wish for FCCR, what would it be?

It’s hard to pick one so I could sum up wishes in merge, grow, save, expand, educate, and end over population